Understandable picture, right? Let's try to solve this problem
Nobody insured against small utility problems. The water supply can be clogged with rust or scale from welding, give a flow or, with a certain coincidence, even frozen. Today we have to find out how and how to defrost the pipes of water supply inside the house and on the street.
Causes of freezing
Three scenarios may result in moving the water supply system:
- Left without heating residential house or utility room (summer kitchen, bath, etc.). Usually in such cases, water is turned off and reset; However, in the case when all the cranes are closed and only the discharge is open at the bottom of the water supply circuit, water often hangs in the pipes and when the temperature drops below zero forms an ice plug;
In order not to give water to freeze in the pipes, after it is reset, open the cranes and give the water system to suck the air
- Incorrectly calculated ground freezing depth;
Recall: water supply highways and water inputs in private and apartment buildings are labeled below the level of freezing, where the temperature of the soil is always higher than zero and only slightly changes during the year. However, the real drainage depth is highly dependent on the type and density of the soil. Within one settlement, it may vary half meter and more.
Merging depths in some Russian cities depending on the type of soil
- Freezing in combination with open stripping water supply. This situation is typical for the Crimea, where the author lives. Since negative temperatures are extremely rare here, water pipes are often laid along the facades of houses or just on the soil. However, in rare frosts, the water will still move.
Entering water supply is laid right by the facade of the country house
Who is to blame - we found out. It remains to find answers to the second part of the eternal question: what to do.
Learn more about how defrosting water supply pipes can be performed, you will help the video in this article.
At first, a few simple ways of defrosting frozen pipes.
Tip 1: Sogrehe
How to defrost water pipes inside the house:
- Very simple: Sweep the whole house or its separate room. To do this, it is not necessary to clean the oven or launch the boiler: to warm up a small kitchen or bathroom, a fairly fan heater, an oil radiator or even a gas stove.
To restore water supply, warm the kitchen or bathroom fan heater
- With a hidden laying of pipes in the walls or screed, the perfect tool for their defrost is an infrared heater. If it is equipped with a reflector - direct the flow of heat to the surface under which the plumbing is hidden. Wall panel or flexible heater-picture is enough to hang on a nail ride into the wall.
The picture-heater will help you heat the pipes in the strokes
Tip 2: The bonfire will warm the pipes in the soil
How to heat the frozen plastic (polyethylene or polypropylene) water supply entry, laid at a small depth of ground:
- The simplest instruction: Drain the fire directly above the entry.
Bonfire warms soil and pipes in it to a depth to meter
- It is so for decades that the soil was heated to repair underground highways in the conditions of Siberia and the Far East. For the extracts it is better to use firewood, but as the main fuel - coal: it is able to smooth the clock, highlighting a large amount of heat.
Tip 3: Welding can be used for heating
How to defrost the steel pipe laid in the ground:
- The easiest to use for its defrost ... Welding inverter.
Compact welding machine is able to heat the steel water supply, passing through it high current
- Install the ground crocodile at entering the water well or at any other point of the water pipe outside the house;
Welmer land connected to water supply
- Close the holder of the electrode with a water supply in the house (for example, by putting it with wire to the pipe stripped from paint);
- Turn on the welder and set the current of 20 amps;
- If the ice does not melt for 20-30 minutes - step by step to increase the current by 10 amps with an interval of at least 15 minutes until the water pipe is deprived.
Tip 4: Get a soldering lamp from the attic
How do you defrost to defrostly laughed with a steel water supply?
This is done using the simplest heating tools:
Soldering lamp will help reanimate your water supply
- Improvised gas burner from the cave with a nozzle;
- Building hair dryer.
In the absence of a construction dryer, you can use the usual, designed for drying hair
The algorithm of action is simple and clear:
- Open any water supply faucet in the house;
- Winning the pipe with sections by half the meter to a temperature not lower than 50-60 degrees until the water starts to flow to the mixer.
What if during the defrosting process you have broken the cold water supply pipe:
- Water expands when turning into ice, and the volume of ice decreases when melting. However, until the moment of melting, the ice behaves in the same way as any other physical body - expands when heated. Therefore, the frozen pipes most often are rushing precisely when thawing.
Gusts most often occur when the water supply is defrosting
- Use a rush to reset the water and completely dry the plumbing. Warm the pipe along the entire length, making sure that it does not have ice left. And only after that proceed to repair - welding of a bundled seam or replacing the plotting of the water supply.
Bandage will help to eliminate leak at small gusts
Tip 5: Warm Plastic Pipe Cable
How to heat the plastic tube laid down the street:
- The most reasonable solution is to use the seating cable section for it. It is best - self-regulating: its device completely eliminates overheating and damage to the insulation of the cable or the water pipeline itself. Heating cable is hung on a pipe on the spiral and turns on to the network; Towing takes from 15 minutes to an hour depending on the diameter of the water pipeline.
Mix on a frozen pipe warming cable and connect it to meals
What can be done in order to defrost the water supply system to you ever need?
Tip 6: Warm Enter Top
With underground laying, warming the water supply in the top. It is from above - because in the cold the soil freezes from top to bottom. The deep layers of the soil will become a source of heat for pipes, and you do not need to be input from them.
Populated underground water supply needs insulation from above
Tip 7: Install cable heating
With a forced laying of pipes above the drainage depth (for example, on rock soils) or with an open gasket, provide them with a cable heating system. Passive insulation is unable to prevent freezing water in the pipes: it only derete it. In the absence of water, the water supply entry will still move, but only a little later.
Heating cable can be mounted in two ways:
Outer cable heating: The cable is stacked in total with a pipe insulating shell
|Outside the pipe: the cable is wound on the spiral or laid under the pipe in the heat insulating shell in common with it.|
Entering the heating cable in the water supply
|Inside the pipe: a sealing coupling with a rubber seal is used to enter the cable in the plumbing.|
What kind of cable should prefer? From the point of view of the author - again self-regulating.
Here is its advantages over a slightly cheaper resistive:
- Saving electricity - energy consumption is reduced as temperature risks;
The device of the self-regulating matrix reduces power consumption while increasing the temperature
- Safety - the cable overheating cannot lead to overheating and damage to the insulation and pipes, since with the increase in temperature, the specific power of the heating areas will decrease;
- Arbitrary cut in length: The cable of any length, equipped with an end coupling, is a ready-made heating section.
In the photo - Heating section: Heating self-regulating cable, end coupling and cold end (power wire)
For comparison: the length of the section of the resistive cable with fixed resistivity is unchanged. If you shorten the conductor, its full resistance will decrease and the current current flows through it, which will lead to overheating.
Resistive cable: Section has a fixed length
As you can see, it is much easier to prevent the problem than to eliminate its consequences. Learn more about how defrosting water supply pipes can be performed, you will help the video in this article. Successes!
🧊 Our seven winters can also be given a unpleasant surprise in the form of frozen pipes. In this case, not only drinking water disappears, but also the opportunity to make food normally, maintain the cleanliness of the house and body. And this is a catastrophe for a person who is accustomed to comfort. In addition, if you have to dig communications, it will take a lot of time and strength. In general, the frozen plumbing turns into serious consequences.
Most often it happens with metal pipes. Now they are replaced by metalplastic, which has proven itself, as a more resistant material. But even such a water supply at very low temperatures can be wounded. Therefore, each owner should know what to do when in the private house frozen water in the pipes - solving the problem in the article.
How to get water in the pipe underground?
The best solution to the issue of frozen pipes is the correct gasket and the use of insulating materials. As they say, it is easier to prevent problems that then they are desperate to decide. Therefore, the waters of the trench at the level that will not be explored even in the most severe winter. But if you do not have this opportunity due to climate or soil features, then be sure to use materials for thermal insulation and moisture protection. Moreover, this is true for both metal and plastic.
Nevertheless, what to do, if the freezing of water in the pipe has already happened? Water supply options can be two: inside the house (indoors) or outside (on the street). The first is less common, but also to eliminate the problem easier. The second case is more difficult, although fortunately, is also not hopeless.
In any case, there are several universal councils:
- During defrosting, water taps must be opened so that melt water flows out of the pipes. Its temperature is lower than usual, and this is much increases the risk of repeated freezing;
- Ice plug is easiest to determine the touch: the frozen area is much colder than the rest of the pipe;
- After the problem is eliminated, it is necessary to prevent it from repetition. For this, the open areas of the tap tube must be sure to fully insulate with the help of special thermal insulation materials.
Metal-plastic pipes are already used almost everywhere, so the ways are given, first of all, suitable for them.
Defrosting water pipes indoors
At first glance, the pipes in the house should not be frozen. But in addition to the residential premises there are those that they are not heated (attic or basement). There are problems there. Credit with the root of pipes indoors is easier, due to more or less free access to them. Make it will help several girlfriends.
- Hot water . The pipe in the place of freezing is wrapped with a cloth, better in several layers: it helps longer to keep warm. Then it is watered with a constant jet of hot water. The larger and longer ice cork, the longer the process. After the penetration pipe, it must be carefully wiped and insulated.
- Construction thermofen. . If there is no industrial hair dryer, and the plug turned out to be small, the household appliance can be consolidated. But still, the construction dryer has longer use time, and the temperature range is higher. True, it is impossible to overdo it: the air should not be too hot, otherwise the metalplastic pipe can melt. PVC softens at a temperature of about 80 ° C, and already at 120 begins to melt. Therefore, in an industrial device, the temperature is minimized, optimal - 65 ° C.
- Electrocessory . The electric heating wire is wound on the frozen pipe pipe, which is then connected to the network. Such a spiral should cover the entire frozen area; The more denser the coils are adjacent, the faster the desired result appears. The defrost time is proportional to the volume of the pipe and the length of the plug. Using this method to troubleshoot the problem can take up to 3 hours.
If water has frozen in the pipeline underground, what to do?
It is much more difficult to correct the situation when communications frozen on the street under the ground. If there are shallow trenches, you can try to dig them and heat the pipes by any of the ways described above. But this is still the extreme option. First, dig frozen land is dubious pleasure, especially if the weather has not improved. Secondly, it is difficult to find the distinct place from the first time, so it is necessary to dig pipes almost along the entire length.
And this not only takes time and strength, but can aggravate the situation when very low temperatures remain on the street. In addition, metal-plastic pipes can be tritely damaged by a shovel.
How to get water in a plastic pipe underground?
- Hot water . In this case, the ice cork is warmed from the inside. We disconnect the pipe and wake the hose in it, until the stop in the frozen water. Instead of the hose, you can use a pipe of a smaller diameter. Then it will take a container with hot water. After placing it near the heat source, you can maintain the desired temperature. Hot water in the hose is poured by a watering or discharge pump. In the process, the hose is moving inside to defrost the entire plug. As soon as it is completely eliminated, water is poured. This usually happens with a strong pressure. The advantage of this method in the rapid result: the preparation takes more time than on heating.
- Electricity . It will take a hard wire of two lived. Separate them and one end is cleaned by isolation. The bare wire is folded into the twist. Filing back the second core and repeat the same manipulations. As a result, the wire appears two bare twists, in a pair of centimeters from each other. They should not come into contact between themselves, otherwise you risk suffered from shocking with electricity. Therefore, the twists must be as strong as possible. After the wire is prepared, it turns inside the pipe and connects to the network. Different potentials are heated at the ends and gradually float the ice. Just like with hot water, the wire should be gradually promoted inside. When using this method, you can be calm for communications, because only the contents of the pipe are heated, and not its walls. Do not forget about additional safety measures: rubber gloves and boots. To avoid repeated freezing of melt water, it is best to pump out its compressor or pump.
- Steam generator . This method, as listed below, is not suitable for everyone: not in each house there are such devices. But they effectively help cope with the root of the pipes. So, the steam generator hose is placed inside the pipe and steam are served under pressure. Its temperature is higher than boiling water, so the plug melts much faster. But at the expense of another aggregate state, hot steam does not threaten damage to the pipes.
- Autoclave . It also helps to defrost the ferry ice cork. To do this, take the hose: one end put in the autoclave tube, and the second inside the pipe. Then heat the water, and as steam boils, the water supply is heated.
- Hydrodynamic machine . It is used in industry. In the pipe, high pressure is injected, ice is broken in a couple of minutes. The mechanism of work is similar: a special hose We start as deep into the pipe and leave the device to work until the plug is eliminated.
How to heat the water pipe from plastic pipes underground - video
Now you know exactly how to defrost the pipe with water in a private house.
The situation when the water supply from the crane is familiar to you when negative in the street? Such a problem arises in your home with the onset of cold pores, and you do not know how to quickly eliminate it? To combat, it is necessary to choose an effective method for resizing the performance of the water supply network. Agree?
We will tell you how to warm up the frozen pipeline and how in the future to prevent the emergence of a problem situation. We will tell about the effective ways to quickly restore the water supply to the cold winter day for sanitary and hygienic purposes and cooking.
Our article provides a selection of the best ways to help cope with this trouble on their own. The methods for pipelines from various materials are considered. In order for you to better deal with the nuances of heating, we picked up visual photos and thematic videos with a detailed presentation of recommendations for saving water supply from ice captivity.
Causes of system freezing
With a sharp offensive of frost, complemented by strong winds, cases of freezing with the formation of ice plugs inside them are often found.
Water frozen as a result of improper laying or operation of the pipeline, at best, will deprive the ability to use the system, and at worst it will force the breakthrough.
The problem of pipe freezing is more relevant for the owners of cottages and houses of the private sector, the inputs of the water supply are held on the street
The reasons for the freezing of water in the water supply can be several.
The most basic among them:
- Extremely low temperatures on the street;
- laying pipes to a smaller depth than the level of soil freezing;
- insufficient insulation of the pipeline;
- Small or even zero water consumption.
At night or for a longer period, when the owners do not use water supply, water in the pipes remains fixed. At minus temperatures, it quickly freezes.
Not only pipelines can freeze, but also in time not blocked taps that feed water, both in the unheated basement and into the yard
The pipe, which in the simplicity of soil, after passing warm fluxes, begins to cool, and after a short period, it takes a low temperature. Small portions of water as they begin to porty and crystallize, at some point scoring the entire plot of the pipe completely.
How to find a problem area?
The most difficult moment in this business is to determine the place of freezing in the open area. Experienced masters are advised when inspection and tackling the available part of the route to navigate the temperature sensations.
Determine the place of the ice cork in the plastic pipeline during tacking is not difficult: within the stroke site when trying to slightly bend the pipe is heard a characteristic crunch
The plumbing usually freezes in those areas where the pipes are suitable close to the surface of the Earth. We also vulnerable to frosts are also technical wells, unheated basements.
It is noted that concrete freezes the faster of the grounds. Therefore, if the basement was unreliable insulated or awarded in a period of severe frosts, it is quite natural that the frozen pipeline running in it.
If the freezing area does not determine, it is better to immediately refuse the idea to break through the ice tap mechanical methods
In the event that the "Calculate" cannot be "Calculate", use the available methods at once at several most likely places of freezing.
Effective problem solving options
The water supply can be deflated by external thermal exposure, or by defrosting from the inside. Each particular case depends on the length of the frozen area and the material from which they are completed, and therefore requires the use of various means.
Despite the fact that the ice with the same mass of the water, as part of its aggregate state, submitting to the laws of physics before melting, expands.
To reduce the risk of breaking pipes during the extinguishing period of ice plugs, it is necessary to reduce the pressure on the walls of the structure, prudently opening the cranes
Before starting work, it is necessary to open a water tap or "discharge" after the valve at the entrance in order to determine the performance of the actions performed from it.
Method # 1 - Application of hot water
If the system has frozen in the open section, or within the unheated basement, the easiest way how to warm the plot of water supply is to process it outside with boiling water. Hot water saved water pipes from freezing at all times.
For this, the pipe in several layers is wrapped with a rag and cuts off the old rags that absorb moisture well. Wet rag will extend the time of contact of the walls of the pipe with water.
The plot wrapped in a rag in several approaches is watered with hot water until the fabric wures, and the ice will not begin to melt under it
When warming the frozen section of the pipeline, it is important not to damage it. Design areas that do not require warming up, it is necessary to cover with heat insulating material. This will prevent accumulates moving through the pipeline along with water pieces of ice.
This method is used only in closed rooms and with the opening of the pipeline laying. And this technology is suitable only for steel pipelines. The system underground will have to warm up boiling water at least 12 hours.
Method # 2 - Heating with a construction hairdryer
It is possible to achieve the desired effect with the help of hot air created by a powerful construction hairdryer. The method is used for heating the frozen areas of the pipeline in those places where it is fairly easy to get to them, for example, when the system is laid inside the construction.
In order to melt water along the shell of the pipeline, the design surface is blown away from all sides by the directional hot air flow
To create conditions for moving ice accumulation through a pipe, you need to evenly distribute the stream of hot air, without forgetting to pre-open all the valves.
Consider that the construction hairdryer issues the temperature, the range of which can reach from 100 to 650 ° C. Therefore, it cannot be used for pipes made of polymeric materials.
Strengthen the effect, while reducing thermal loss, it helps the construction around the heated area of the improvised protective cover. It will reflect warm, evenly distributing it all over the entire surface of the insulated site.
For this, a small pavilion is temporarily built, the walls of which are performed from the same film or metal shields.
Gallery of images
Plots susceptible to freezing
Drain of water with thin jet or drops
Siphon heating under sink
Checking water supply damage
Using a hair dryer or heater
Thermal insulation of water pipes
External elements of the pipeline
When heating the pipeline, special attention should be paid to the entrances to fittings, turns and narrowings, since the smallest ice floes can be stuck inside them. The main thing is to leave the crane open.
When warming up steel pipes, some craftsmen use ways to expose to open fire using a gas burner or a soldering lamp.
But this method is permissible to apply only with the visibility of pipes. Yes, and the effectiveness of the use of the soldering lamp is not too high, since even a short plot can take up to several hours.
Method # 3 - Using Electrotock
You can cope with ice traffic jams with a welding machine. The principle of operation of the device is built on the fact that the metal from which the pipe is performed is a conductor.
Under the action of the installed electric field, the electrons begin to move in a given direction, facing ions, they transmit their energy to them. That, in turn, turns into a heat that is distinguished outside.
The metal under the influence of current is heated and highlights the heat that inside the pipe is transmitted, gradually melting it
The terminals of the welding machine are recorded to the ends of the frozen area. At first, the power regulator is set to the minimum, and then, gradually increasing it, include equipment for approximately 30-40 seconds.
Making a small pause, manipulations repeat. Depending on the degree of frost, the current can be adjusted less / more. As the power increases, it is necessary to periodically check the heating degree of the walls.
When working with the device, it is important to comply with safety techniques: do not touch the pipe with bare hands, all work performed in thick rubber gloves
As soon as the melting process is activated, first on one drop, and then water will flow from the tip. It is not completely necessary to pull the entire area. It is enough to provide a continuous thin flow of water. And moving water will also help to melted the remnants of not frosthed ice.
The welding machine is used only for heating stainless, steel, copper and other types of pipes made of metal alloys. The use of the device on polypropylene products is meaningless. After all, plastic is not a conductor. The only thing to get in the end is spoiled pipeline.
Method # 4 - "Soldier Boiler" for plastic
The plastic pipeline is easiest to heat up using a two-core copper wire with a cross section of 2.5 mm. According to the principle of operation, it is similar to a conventional boiler.
At the expense of immersed directly into the construction pipe, water will "boil" right in the system; Master's task - to provide a quick stock of outflowing water
Water, which contains salts, is a weak electrolyte. And because to heat, it is only necessary to immerse a pair of electrodes into it, and then apply tension on them.
For this veins of the wires are disconnected:
- The first century first fenced away.
- The second core is broken and dried around the pipe, forming 5-6 turns.
- Again, take the first core, shake and drown around the pipe in the form of turns.
- To another end of the wire, the plug is connected.
- The created workpiece is pushed into the pipeline until it rushes into ice, and powered from the power supply.
When forming the turns and arrangement of them on the surface of the pipe, it is important to ensure that they do not come into contact, otherwise there will be a short circuit at the time of contact. Ideally, the distance between the turns of the veins should be at least 2-3 mm.
To blow melt water, you can additionally use a compressor.
Method # 5 - Heat pipeline from inside
For heating the extended, having several bends on its path, you can apply a way of exposure to inside. This method is effective and when the sewer pipe is defrosting.
For the manufacture of the device will be required:
- Elastic wire D2-4 mm;
- Hydroorrow tube;
- Esmarch's irrigator;
- insulating tape.
To assemble the design, the end of the wire join the hydraulic tube, fixing the elements with a tape. To obtain a more rigid design, the end of the wire bend. The end of the tube should be 3-5 centimeters longer wire.
One end of the tube with a wire is pushed into a plumbing until it stops, and the second free end is connected to the circle of Escam. In the event that the pipeline is connected by fittings, they must be unscrewed in order to evaluate how much the design is.
During the arrangement of such a design, it is necessary to take care of the collection at the exit of melt water in advance, putting an empty bucket for this purpose
The circle of esmark fill with hot water and attach to the tube. The hot water flowing from the rubber reservoir will enter the pipeline, warming the explosive water in it.
In the process of heating the pipeline, it is necessary only with the help of a wire pushing the ice pieces further. As a result of thermal treatment of water in the receiving bucket there should be a little more volume that flooded for defrosting.
Be prepared for the fact that this method is quite time-consuming. It takes about 60 minutes to warm one-time meter. But the cost of implementing such a method is minimal.
This method is a simplified variant of washing pipes with hot water, the temperature of which reaches 150 ° C. Such a procedure is performed by specialized organizations. They carry out prophylactic flushing of pipes, feeding hot water under high pressure within the 100thm.
Method # 6 - Professional Equipment
In winter, when it is an urgent need to enjoy, without spending on its resuscitation for several hours, professional equipment will have to apply. Quickly eliminate the formed ice tubes will help the use of special equipment - apparatus "The Dragon" .
To do this, to the ends of the section to be heated, pliers of the device are connected. After checking the fluid pressure in the system, turn on the device for several minutes. Depending on the degree of frozen pipes, the period of continuous operation of the device can be 20-40 minutes.
The desired effect of the device issues due to the transmission through the indicated area of the electric current reaching 400 A
The current strength created by the device depends on its modification. At the same time, any model is equipped with an effective protection that provides electrical safety applying the instrument.
If it is necessary to defrost the long section of the pipeline, experienced masters recommend simultaneously to use several devices.
In addition to the "Dragon" for external influence, thermal guns are also widely used, which are two types: electrical and gas
To eliminate ice traffic jams in plastic pipes apply Steam generators и Hydrodynamic washing machines . But they are used only if there is an opportunity to gain access inside the design.
In addition, this technique is limited to the length of the cable, and therefore in some situations the pipeline has to be disconnected.
The steam generator creates steam, which under high pressure on the sleeve is sent to the cavity of the pipeline and melts the ice tube, promoting it deeper
The heat-resistant sleeve, equipped with a nozzle, as ice melts moves along the pipe.
The use of such equipment allows you to solve two tasks at once:
- Clean the inner surface of the pipes from all sorts of sediments, thereby improving circulation in the design.
- To control whether the leakage of the leakage is processed, and if necessary, neutralize them.
With all the advantages of professional equipment, its main disadvantage - dimensions and cost. If the electric appliances like "Dragon" can still be purchased or renting, the steam generator is a special case. Similar technicians are more used by professional companies whose services will have to use.
How to prevent freezing system?
The question of the probabitability of the freezing of the pipeline must be foreseen at the stage of its gasket. According to the current standards of pipes, it is necessary to label below the drainage depth.
For regions located in medium latitudes, the depth of the Earth's freezing is 1.0 - 1.5 meters from the day surface
The draining depth of the ground layers is determined empirically during the coldest period for the region, taking into account the maximum index of the humidity of the soil and provided that there is no snow cover. If it is not possible to lay pipes at sufficient depth, it is worth taking care of.
The entrance to the house in the house is the most vulnerable and therefore needed effective insulation with waterproofing materials.
As a heat insulator, it will be perfectly suitable:
- strips of foam;
- mineral wool;
It is not necessary as a winding even for temporary insulation to use rags, sawdust and paper. These materials can easily absorb moisture from the air, without giving the opportunity to evaporate the resulting condensate.
You can also find chemical preparations that prevent the freezing of water. But their aggressive composition makes them unacceptable for the plumbing system. It is better to use a concentrated saline solution that perfectly corrosive ice. It is served through the hose, the diameter of which is slightly smaller than the cross-section of the pipeline.
In addition, salted water at a temperature below zero does not freeze, so the formation of a plug for salt solution is definitely not foreseen.
Alternatively, run along the pipeline. It is equipped with thermal sensors, which when the system heated to a certain temperature is disconnected. The main advantage of self-heating cables is that they are able to adapt to external conditions. And it is in no way affects the work of its other parts.
A self-regulating heating electrocabolic as needed to be turned on, and as the specified temperature mark is reached, disconnect
The length of the heating cable can reach 20 meters, due to its help you can warm up both separate areas of the pipeline and the entire system located in the junction zone of soils.
Consider that water freezes faster in pipelines having a small diameter. Therefore, during the arrangement of autonomous water supply, it is preferable to use pipes whose diameter is 50 mm and above.
Since concrete freezes much faster soils, in places where the pipeline passes through the base or basement, the pipes are preferably placed in the sleeve - pipes that have a slightly larger diameter. Formed voids can be blown by polyurethane foam.
In the future, with the irregular use of engineering networks during the standards in the cold season, it is necessary to completely remove water from the pipes and keep them in a dry state.
It should be insulated not only directly pipeline, but also itself, and other structural elements passing outside the house and in unheated premises.
Despite a wide selection of efficient equipment for removing ice plugs from pipes, it is best not to bring the situation to such problems. After all, heating of frozen pipes is a rather problematic process, which is exacerbated by the complexity of work on the frost.
Adhering to uncomplicated recommendations, you can prevent the freezing of pipes and stop the system, thereby extending its service life.
Conclusions and useful video on the topic
Video # 1. Overview of the use of heating cable for pipes:
Video # 2. Video review of the method of heating with the involvement of new technologies:
Well, in the extreme case, if the street is crowned frost on the street, and the above methods are not possible to apply, then try contrary to the safety rules to leave the crane for the night ait.
Let the slow, but still the movement of water will prevent the formation of ice traffic jams. And at the coming of the warm season, we still recommend doing a problem area and insulate the pipeline thoroughly.
Want to share your own water heating method? Detected controversial moments in the information below, have questions about the topic of the article? Please write comments below the block below.
There are sometimes unexpected situations. For example, water freezes in a plastic pipe. Often it happens in private houses. How to defrost pipes underground? Dig a frozen soil - the task is not from the lungs and the pipes it is possible to damage.
We offer several ideas in defrosting plastic pipes underground. Share your experience.
If the pipe has frozen outside, the reason for everything is insufficient insulation and incorrect installation. If this happened in the ground, the communications are not at sufficient depth. In the summer it is better to pave the pipes correctly - below the duration of the soil freezing. You can still insulate the pipes for greater loyalty. Some pave empty plastic bottles around pipes.
First What comes to mind - on the site of pipes to decompose a fire from firewood. Some use old tires. There is a heating of the earth and pipes.
Second way . Dissolve the stone salt in water. Then pour the salt solution into the pipe. The traffic jam will decrease with time. But it may take a lot of time (a few hours).
Third option . Unscrew the pipe in the house and try to pour hot water. This is a long process and does not always work.
Fourth way . Pour water into the gas cylinder. Score not a lot of water. About 3-5 liters of water. A soldering iron is placed and the bottom of the cylinder is heated. A thin tube is inserted - one end to a balloon, the other in the pipe. There is a ramp of ferry pipes.
There is a simpler solution. Use the usual Household steam cleaner . Expand the nose and shove into the pipe. In a few minutes, the ice cork will disappear.
Many tried autoclave to solve the problem. Or such a way: Sprinkle For defrosting. Instead of the valve, attach the hose and the other end of the hose to push into the frozen pipe. They say that literally for 15 minutes You can defrost an ice cork to a meter.
And how are you Split pipes ?
Canal Remote: Subscription . Thank you for the husky and good luck!